synchrony financial's website consistently does not work for me

sniko234
Contributor
Contributor

So under the covers of paypal credit is obviously an independent company called Synchrony Financial.

They typically provide branding services for others and cater primarily to the lower credit score market.

Over the last few weeks I've had to jump to the paypal credit website on a few occasions from the main paypal portal.

Either I get a "Bad Gateway" HTTP message and that's where everything dies or I am able to land on the site but

few things there work as they should.

For instance the "Secure Message" feature is consistently broken.

I get either some generic message about an error or I get "Access Denied" when I reply to an open thread.

This is not a one off, I always have a copy of my message handly in a notepad, ready to reload and paste, reload and paste

as many as 10 times in a row, different hours and different days. Never once has this worked.

I have an open transaction dispute currently and there is no way to make or request any updates online.

It is quite obvious that the website designers behind Synchorny Financial's portal are from a 3rd world country

and the concept of quality is alien to them.

By contrast the main paypal site is much, much better, orders of magnitude more stable.

So this begs the question, why has paypal outsourced the credit operations to a technology weak company

that designed their web site in a 3rd world country?

I am frustrated by the consistently abysmal user experience on "paypal credit" and urge paypal to dump

Synchrony Financial and replace them with another outfit that know what they are doing.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

alarthame
Contributor
Contributor

so, how do you get around the bad gateway?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.