Paypal Express Checkout Not Working Properly

keshav1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

I am anil from India and I just launched a Shopify store www.naasoforyou.com and I used my PayPal business account with email verified for the third-party payment gateway. But after even 48 hours, it is not working properly.

When my customer does all the processes and goes to PayPal site then after login they incur with 'Return to merchant' message on the page and if they click there they are again redirected back to the last checkout page. This has been my serious problem since my website drop rate is increasing each time.

Since I have fulfilled all of the required conditions in PayPal, so I don't think its fault from my side. So please help me what should I have to do.

I really need this problem be solved as soon as possible. Your support would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

Screenshot_2018-01-19-17-42-27.png

then get redirected to paypalthen get redirected to paypal

after login

this page appearsthis page appears

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

MTS_Andre

Hi for Indian domestic transactions, buyer and seller from India, you can only use the currency INR but at the moment is a limited function, so Indian buyers can’t pay to Indian sellers in any currency for now.

I ran a test on your website and I am goign through the checkout correctly as my account is not from India.

Login to Me Too

VortexPlayTV

Did you fix the problem? I'm facing the same problem

Login to Me Too

sinaanh
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem, have you got any solutions yet. If so please leg me know how to fix this issue.
Login to Me Too

apatriarca
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm new to drop shipping and my site has already launched like 4 days ago, but I cannot make any progress because I keep getting the same error. I've been trying to search the whole of the internet for answers that can resolve that issue as to why PayPal is having errors in checkout. As I am from the Philippines and PayPal is the only option I can do with as of the moment because it is the easiest for me to process. I really want this to work. Through my research, I've seen that this has been a problem for a long time, so I'm wondering why hasn't PayPal resolved this issue. Why give Shopify the option to do this in the first place if people are experiencing problems with it. In all honesty, it is getting really frustrating, because I cannot run my store properly because of this issue. I hope this can be finally be resolved as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too

swanflight
Contributor
Contributor

We run 2 websites and have been since 2010 we have encountered similar issues this week with cutomers getting payment transaction failed. We run both stores on the magento platform. Our developers are in communication with the paypal module developers (and have been all week). we have already disabled paypal express check out and left the standard paypal checkout in place although this now appears to have the same issue and it looks like we are going to have to disable paypal for the weekend and just leave customers having to check out via sagepay (debit and credit cards). if we havent had a solution by monday it looks like we will have to switch on amazon pay instead. We have lost a large amount of orders this week and it looks like paypal dont seem that bothered by this issue. Maybe when they realize how much they are losing in paypal fees they may eventually get onto fixing the issues. 

Would much rather have this issue resolved 

Login to Me Too

This is also happening to me, but it keeps redirecting me to the summary. It’s very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Kurtees
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have the same problem too. Have you been able to resolve yours?
Login to Me Too

swanflight
Contributor
Contributor

We discovered that after a recent update and a price increase on our store magento had all prices to 4 decimal places. Although this hasnt been an issue before unless the last 2 digits were zeros then paypal express would hit a problem. Our web developers created and ran a script through our data base rounding everything back to 2 decimal places followed by 00 at the end. Im not saying that this is the issue you are having but it was in our scenario and this has fixed the problem. 

Login to Me Too

Kurtees
Contributor
Contributor

HI Swanflight,

Thank you.  My store (kurtees.com), also based in India, is on Shopify.  I do not have the issue with 4 decimal places.  Very oddly, when someone is checking out of my store using AMEX, it seems to work.  Using Visa or MasterCard, or even PayPal itself is not working.  Unfortunately this is preventing me from going live.  I have contacted PayPal and they say nothing is wrong.  Its very frustrating.

Thank you again for your reply.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.