Get profileID from subscriptionID or transactionID

halldorr
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to use ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus to cancel subscriptions if they are active but that NVP requires PROFILEID. I thought the subscriptionid (the S-XXXXXX or I-XXXXXX numbers) would function as profileid but apparently not. So I then try GetTransactionDetails but I don't see it return PROFILEID. Is there anyway to grab PROFILEID from a subscription id or a transaction id (preferably the subscriptionid).

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

MTS_Andre

Hi, Yes the profileID is the one received in the response after you call CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile, and is like I-XXXXXXXXXX.

You can get it as well in your PayPal profile, first login in your PayPal account and then click this direct link for a live profile while if it is a Sandbox profileID then click this other link

If you get an error can you share the full response?

Login to Me Too

halldorr
Contributor
Contributor

All of our subscriptions start with S- as opposed to I-. We were going to cancel this test one we created just for this purpose (S-4GA750009B7865928). When I pass this to the API I get "The profile ID is invalid":

Array
(
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2018-02-16T13:11:34Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => 83274f725c97a
    [ACK] => Failure
    [VERSION] => 76.0
    [BUILD] => 39206242
    [L_ERRORCODE0] => 11552
    [L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Invalid profile ID
    [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => The profile ID is invalid
    [L_SEVERITYCODE0] => Error
)

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Checked the API requst with the specific profile ID. I can't find this profile either in our logs, which day exactly you created this profile?

Login to Me Too

halldorr
Contributor
Contributor

Created February 15th, billed that that time for $1 Paypal account email of seller is apparently not allowed to be posted here but it is not my email. The transaction id is 91075892H56420304

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Found it, the profile ID exists and is correct as you wrote, make sure that the API caller who calls the ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus is the same that is trying to delete the profile otherwise the system will return a message like "The profile ID is invalid".

Or you could delete the profile from the PayPal profile, first login into the PayPal profile and then click on the Recurring Payment Dashboard link here

Login to Me Too

halldorr
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using the API credentials for the account the subscription as created under and still getting that error.

Login to Me Too

halldorr
Contributor
Contributor

Just wanted to post an update on this. Emailed support and they said our account wasn't set up for the right sort of subscriptions. Said we can't cancel the S- ones we were producing so they switched us over to start getting I- subs and we can now cancel those!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.