Primary and secondary email accounts linked

ohsheila
Contributor
Contributor

I have multiple email addresses associated with my PP account, so that I can keep transaction records separate from one website to another and so that different business venture identities are separated.

When someone goes to a site where I use a secondary email address and clicks "Check out with PayPal," they go to a PayPal page to login and finish their transaction.  On that payment page, under the "Don't have a PayPal account?" link, there's another link that gives the buyer the option to "Cancel and return to PRIMARY EMAIL ADDRESS."  Clicking the link takes the buyer back to their shopping card..

My problem is that I don't want my primary email address associated with that particular website and/or transaction.  THAT'S why I used a secondary email address!

If I'm using a secondary address with a site, why wouldn't the PayPal payment page say "Cancel and return to SECONDARY EMAIL ADDRESS"  or "Cancel and return to ORIGINAL WEBSITE" or "Cancel and return to SHOPPING CART" or simply "Cancel and RETURN"??  The latter three options being the ones that make the most sense, since they're not returned to an email address at all -- they are, in fact, returned to the originating site's shopping cart.

If the fact that the two email addresses are associated is transparent, is opening a second PP account my only option to segregate them??

P.S. I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place -- this looked right?  I also apologize if this has been answered elsewhere; I looked and couldn't find it ...

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.