"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." When converting currency

DonnyOnigiri
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am just trying to convert currency from USD to my local currency. I keep getting this error message ""Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." and it wouldn't let me convert my money. I only have a personal account. Thank you to anyone who sees this

paypal.png

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

jimkarrat
Contributor
Contributor
And what do you do when you’ve already been converting from that currency so that currency is already added but it just stops working and tells you to try again later? So you try again over a period of 3 days and still not working?
Login to Me Too

aadams89

I am having the same problem where I can't convert currency. I am trying to convert Euros to US dollars, and it gives me an error "We’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later."paypal error.png

Login to Me Too

1LifesDream
Contributor
Contributor

I was wondering if it's only a certain country this is happening with. So far, we know it's GBP and Euro. 
I called and it states they are experiencing a large volume of calls blah blah blah, BUT when it comes to the prompt to state the issue, I just said "currency conversion", and it told me it would forward me to a representative since I had money available in my account. Explained it all to the girl, and she had me try it while on the phone with me, and sure enough, same response of "We're sorry things don't appear to be working right now....". So, she looked it up, and it is a known issue they are having since the 19th it said, but from "down detector", I know that one person has been experiencing this for TWO weeks now! So, she said she has to put my name on a list of customers that are experiencing this issue, and the Tech department will look into it. I asked if I would be getting a call back from the Tech department and she said no, that they would just be checking my account, but that I was on a long list for them to check. 😞 I asked if I would get my account locked for trying so much as I was having to fill out captchas, and she said no, that would not happen for a currency conversion issue, not to worry. All we can do is report it, have them put our name on a list, and hope they correct the issue for each of us. This is a HUGE issue that a financial institution is having this kind of problem for this long. WEEKS is not ok!!! 
CALL them and just state "currency" at the prompt, and explain the issue, and tell them you already are aware it's a known problem, but that you want your name/account on the list for the technicians to look into it. It's all we can do it seems for now.

Login to Me Too

JeanneRose

this is also showing when I tried to convert from dollars... urghhh

Login to Me Too

Errol321
Contributor
Contributor

I cant convert any currency right now. Can somebody tell me what's going on? An error message keeps popping up and it always says that "We’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later." It's been almost a day and it's still the same problem that I am encountering right now. I'm not sure if PayPal is having system maintenance right now but if somebody knows what's happening please let me know I would really appreciate it.

Errol321_1-1619255817119.png

Login to Me Too

1LifesDream
Contributor
Contributor

@Errol321 if you read my comment below from February, you will see what I did to resolve this issue. I hope it helps you. Simple as using another browser. I chose Opera and it worked.

Login to Me Too

Errol321
Contributor
Contributor

@1LifesDream nope, it didn't work for me I already tried doing multiple browsers. But I already talk to an agent and they told me that this is a known issue and their team is currently working on this matter.

Login to Me Too

1LifesDream
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry it didn't work. Yes, it's a known issue. I posted somewhere earlier this year about calling and they put you on a list. Hope it gets fixed for you soon.

Login to Me Too

1LifesDream
Contributor
Contributor

Wooohoooo!!!! I got it to work!!! I used OPERA browser, and it finally went through!! It will NOT work for me in Chrome or Edge, but Opera did it! It might also work in Safari, I don't know, but definitely give Opera a try! I hope it works for the rest of you!
https://www.opera.com 

Login to Me Too

SandraSketches
Contributor
Contributor

I'm receiving an error "We were not able to complete your request. Please try again." whenever I try to convert an estimate into an invoice - this is severely affecting my business as most of my work requires custom quotes. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.