Transferred funds to an inactive bank account

Gervil
Contributor
Contributor

Some funds were accidentally transferred from my PayPal account to my previously linked but now inactive bank account. The funds were cleared and the transaction was deemed complete, but I have no access to that particular bank account anymore. I contacted my bank advisor and they told me to first contact PayPal, which I tried but kept receiving a page error on PayPal's end in the Resolution Center when trying to select the relevant refund issue so couldn't get any help at all, so instead I chose a different type of issue with a personal message, thinking PayPal would understand the situation. It didn't work, the case was considered closed and now I can't open another case regarding this transaction.

What else can I do now, other than contacting my bank account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Gervil
Contributor
Contributor

Update for anyone who might encounter this thread in the future:

I contacted PayPal support through the Message Centre, provided them info on what happened, got a reply soon after and less than 18 hours later the funds were transferred to my correct bank account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Gervil
Contributor
Contributor

Update for anyone who might encounter this thread in the future:

I contacted PayPal support through the Message Centre, provided them info on what happened, got a reply soon after and less than 18 hours later the funds were transferred to my correct bank account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.