Transfer: "sorry something's not right please try again later paypal withdraw money"

technogem
Contributor
Contributor
I'm unable to transfer my fund. It's already few days I see this message pops up, "sorry something's not right please try again later paypal withdraw money". I need to use the money for emergency purpose. Anyone experience the same problem?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

_Darwin_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @technogem 

I hope all is well. I'm sorry you're unable to withdraw from your bank account. There are possible reasons why your withdrawal is being declined. Most common scenarios are:

- You have a limitation placed in your PayPal account

- You may need to go through a security check, so we can confirm your identity.
- Your debit card or bank account may not be eligible to process Instant Transfer.
- Our security system may have detected unusual activity.

Also, not all banks are compatible with PayPal. You may contact your bank to ensure that your bank account can receive funds from a PayPal account. Alternatively, you may try linking a another bank or eligible card to your PayPal account and try to transfer the funds there. Most of the time, withdrawals would also fail because the information you entered when you added your credit card to your PayPal account doesn’t match the information your card issuer has about you. Make sure to enter your exact details.

Lastly, you may try also performing some troubleshooting steps such as deleting your browser cache and cookies. If you're using the app, you may uninstall and reinstall the app, and try the transaction again.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Kudos will be much appreciated

Login to Me Too

technogem
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have a negative balance to resolve linked to my previous account. Could this be the reason I can't make any withdrawal? I tried to get my friend to send payment to this account but this message popped up," This recipient is currently unable to receive money". Please advise ASAP. I need this money for emergency!!!
Login to Me Too

_Darwin_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @technogem 

That's a great question. The negative balance may affect your transactions including withdrawals, so I would recommend you to settle the negative balance first before making transactions. If someone is trying to send you money and 'This recipient is currently unable to receive money' message appears, it can mean few things. Most common would be, your account is not fully set up to receive money. Please check if your account has been fully verified. You may follow this FAQ as a guide. How do I verify my PayPal account?  Hope this helps!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Kind regards,

Login to Me Too

technogem
Contributor
Contributor
I received an email today: "Thank you for contacting PayPal. The negative balance on this account has been resolved as we have issued a credit to your balance. Thank you for your time." The thing is that my new account still shows that the negative balance is not resolved yet. Is this a system error? I'm confused. Please advise. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

technogem
Contributor
Contributor
I received an email two days ago for my old account: "Thank you for contacting PayPal. The negative balance on this account has been resolved as we have issued a credit to your balance. Thank you for your time." The thing is that my new account still shows that the negative balance is not resolved yet. Is this a system error? I'm confused. Please advise. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.