Real frustrated

Shargul
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.  Im new to paypal and so far I am real **bleep**.

First off, I can't send an email to paypal cause everytime I send the message, something went wrong.  Every single time.

Now, I have tried everything to link my bank and/or card but nothing works.  I am from south africa and I'm with capitec and I have read that you can link it, only thing is you wont be able to withdraw from paypal, only upload.  So, I can still do it right?  Apparently no.  If i link my bank, the routing number isnt accepted.  If i try to link my debit card(dont have credit), nope, nothing.  Just wants my credit card.  I have also seen videos where if they click on link a bank then different bank options pop up.  I dont get that.  It only says that i need to type in a us bank.

Also, how do I downgrade to personal account cause I cant contact paypal.

Please help me

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shargul

From paypals help pages...............

How can I transfer funds from my PayPal account to my bank account in South Africa?

Transferring funds from your PayPal account directly to your eligible First National Bank of South Africa (ETF) bank account is easy and secure.

To transfer funds, you must first link your PayPal account to your bank account.

To link your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Link PayPal Profile.
Follow the instructions to link your accounts. You will need to sign in to your PayPal account to confirm that you are the account holder.

After linking your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps to transfer funds to your ETF bank account from your PayPal account:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Withdraw from PayPal.
Enter the transfer amount in USD dollars. (Please check that your PayPal balance is sufficient to make the transfer.)
Follow the instructions to confirm the exchange rate, the Rand amount you will receive, and the Transaction Terms and Conditions.
You will be directed to PayPal to sign in and verify the amount you are transferring to your ETF account.
Then you will be redirected to the FNB site. Your funds will be transferred to your bank account within 3 to 6 business days.

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shargul
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the reply.  

Not sure if you misunderstood me but I know I can't withdraw money from paypal into my capitec account.  I can however put money into my papal account from my bank account.  I just spoke to a friend who said he is also with capitec and he was able to link it, but I can't.  I think it is the routing number that doesn't work, but that is the only routing number that capitec has.

As for contacting paypal, I can't.  For some reason whenever I try to contact them it doesn't show where and how.  It simply doesn't load in, no matter what I do.  

And FNB is also full of crap because when we were young we had FNB accounts, but switched to Capitec.  Those FNB accounts do not exist anymore, yet the profiles still do, which is why I couldnt create a non FNB paypal account.

As for the cards, credit cards are the only option, no debit.

Sorry if I am just very dumb, but I am super annoyed I can't get anything to work

Login to Me Too

Tanwenbm
New Community Member
These are very old posts, but I'm also having problems linking my Capitec debit card...can anyone help?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.