Instant transfers completed but funds never showed up at Bank.

sonicmark
Contributor
Contributor

I have successfully transferred funds from PayPal to my Wells Fargo accounts many, many times.  I have used both normal transfers and instant transfers.  On July 30th, I made an instant transfer of 150.00 and another instant transfer of 100.00.  These were made about 4 hours apart, in the middle of the day.  Wells Fargo sends me an email with an updated balance every time I make a deposit, so every time I transfer from PayPal, I see that deposit either nearly right away with an instant transfer, or within 24 hours or sooner with the normal transfer.  I did not see an email after these transfers and wondered why.  I waited and then called PayPal the next day when nothing showed up.

That became many phone calls to PayPal, each person telling me something different.  I was transferred to a supervisor the first time after speaking with an agent, and he said they would put an expedited trace on the two transfers.  After a few days, I received two emails from PayPal giving me a trace for each missing deposit. One was dated July 30, one was dated July 28. I called PayPal back a few times about this date discrepancy, and finally, I was told it was for the 30th, just wrongly written on the email. I was told to contact Wells Fargo and ask to speak to the ACH department and give them these trace numbers.  I called and did that.  Wells Fargo stated they have no record of these deposits or traces. 

I called PayPal back again, and they said I needed a letter from Wells Fargo, stating that these deposits were not received.  I called Wells Fargo and asked for this letter. They told me I had to get this from a bank branch.  I called my branch, and they told me I had to set a meeting with the branch manager.  After a few days, he was available and I drove to the branch for a meeting.  He spent at least 20 minutes with me, carefully looked up the date of July 30, read through the PayPal letters stating the trace numbers.  He looked over my whole account.  These deposits were never made.  He then called in to verify once again that there was no record of these transfers, referring to the PayPal trace numbers for each deposit.

He wrote me two letters, one for each deposit missing, on Wells Fargo letterhead, signed his name, his title, his phone number at Wells Fargo, and I thanked him for all his time.  I returned home, scanned the two letters, saved as PDF, and called PayPal to ask where to send these letters they had requested to give me credit for these missing funds.  The woman I spoke to at PayPal said PayPal does NOT accept letters.  I was furious.  I have now spent hours on the phone with PayPal, spoken to 2 supervisors, and 3 or 4 agents, and was explicitly told to get letters from my bank to solve this problem.  She quickly transferred me to a supervisor.  He told me he was a front line person, here to solve problems. 

He said the woman didn’t have the correct information or access to information, so she didn’t know.  At this point, you’d think there would be a flag with copious notes, so when I call, I’m not put through this. He said to upload the two letters via a special URL he gave me.  I did that and he received the letters from the bank while we were on the phone.  After reviewing, he agreed the letters stated correctly no deposits were received by Wells Fargo.  Then he said he would give me a credit for the $250.00, but there would be a review and they would possibly reverse this.  I became very concerned, and questioned why, when I had done everything as instructed by PayPal, was lead to believe the letters would be the end of this, it was well proven that Wells Fargo did not receive these funds and place them into my account.

Now I receive a very short note from PayPal the have reversed that credit, and I owe it back to them in 5 days.  No explanation, no apology, nothing.  Except if you have questions, use the contact link.

I AM FURIOUS!  I’ve been with PayPal well over 10 years.  I have been a very good customer, referred many people to their services.  I DID NOTHING WRONG.  I placed my trust in PayPal with MY funds and trusted that when they say they will reliably transfer funds to my accounts, they will do so. 

So what do I do?  The above does not even get into the minutia of all the phone calls, being placed on long holds sometimes 2 times by the same person, the different things I was told, each having a different story.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.