cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add Revolut (VISA) to PayPal Account - 'Wrong Billing Address' - PayPal still charged $1

Contributor

Cannot add Revolut (VISA) to PayPal Account - 'Wrong Billing Address' - PayPal still charged $1

Hi all,

Just tried to link my Revolut (VISA) to PayPal but got the error:

"The billing address you entered is invalid. Please confirm the billing address associated with this card and try again."

The billing address is the same for my PayPal / Revolut account.

I tried this twice, and I see in Revolut app that PayPal charged (successfully) the $1 authorisation charge.

Why is this happening? And I presume the $1 (x 2) will be refunded?

The first name of the PayPal account and the card (Let's say PayPal account is John Smith, Revolut is Peter Smith) - but this wasn't an issue for my other credit card which is linked to my PayPal account for some time now.

14 REPLIES 14
Contributor

Re: Cannot add Revolut (VISA) to PayPal Account - 'Wrong Billing Address' - PayPal still charged $1

I had this same issue but after several attempts (6) PayPal accepted my Revolut virtual card (VISA) - I do not know if I was lucky.

After about 30 minutes, every authorisation fee of $1 (one for each attempt) was reversed.

Contributor

Re: Cannot add Revolut (VISA) to PayPal Account - 'Wrong Billing Address' - PayPal still charged $1

I also did several attempts with both the virtual and the physical card, but in my case, after a few, I got a message of "Invalid card" on both cards. All of the authorization fees of $1 for each try were reversed after a while like you mentioned.

Contributor

I can confirm trying to add it multiple times (6 in my case) solved the problem

5 attempts in my case, and then it worked. How very odd.
New Community Member

Hey, any update on this? 

I have the exact same problem, and I really wanted to put my revolut card on Paypal 😞

Contributor

Tried today and got the same issue, PayPal wtf??

New Community Member

Hi,

Yesterday was same error, but today all work.

Simple registration without any error.

Same problem here. Paypal is rejected my addresses and cards telling me my ZIP code is incorrect when it's perfect identical with the one I have on Revolut. When I tried to add my card with '0000' as ZIP code it worked. But then merchant website still had the same ZIP code incorrect problem.

New Community Member

Having the same problem.

I have for charges of $1 on my card, but the card is not added because it says the billing address doesn't match (and I only have the one address).

Did anybody got successful after a while?