Test PayPal payments to verify my account not received

Smyth2
Contributor
Contributor

Around Apr 5, 2020 Registered my Chase Savings account with PayPal. It was my understanding PayPal would make two small deposits to confirm the accounts are linked. I have to received any deposits. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

millieagz
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Smyth2, Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. It's possible that PayPal was not able to send the deposit/s to your account. We need to be able to perform the verification process. You may want to try again. It would help if you check with your bank if they had issue the last time you tried. It's a deposit and will not affect your PayPal balance. PayPal will reverse the payment at a later date. You just need to use the verification code to confirm your account. Kindly double check the information and try again. I hope this helps. If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving Kudos or accepting it as a Solution. Stay safe.
Login to Me Too

Smyth2
Contributor
Contributor

It took several attempts with PayPal even get my bank account connected with PayPal. And finally an agent at PayPal did the verification process and my bank account now shows on my PayPal account. Then I get the notice about the test deposits. And then they don't show in my bank account. I am at a loss as to how to proceed. Considering closing my PayPal account. 

Login to Me Too

Smyth2
Contributor
Contributor

As of April 19, 2020 never received test deposits from PayPal. 5 days ago I did create a payment to a family member. It processed and my bank account shows the debit. But now I find, that he received notification he would receive an eCheck, which was going to take 3-5 days. My PayPal account is a personal account. I am confused why an eCheck was being used. Taking 3-5 days for a friend to get their money, I may as well use my Online Bank Bill Pay option. PayPal is wearing me out. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.