Reserves Agenda

shetlander78
New Community Member

Can someone please explain to me how I went from signing up on PayPal ad everything was about how wonderful everything is, how fast the transfers were and low rates etc... The very first transaction I did (and for sure the only one) they allowed me to transfer $500 and kept the remaining 90% of the transaction in Paypal's accounts on hold.  I have read can be 30 to 180 days, but I did not receive a definitive answer on when or even where the funds are. What are reserves, how come they were not mentioned in the sign up process?  TO me this seems nothing short or LIES & robbery and of course now they're using the corona excuse to keep customers money longer.  Can they legally keep your money and collect the interest without notifying you exactly where your funds are and when they will be available. Needless to say, I will be returning to Square who were just fine, but I read I could save on fees with PayPal, which was not true it was the same rate only difference is my money is in Paypals account now 2 weeks later with no word... It's a shocking short term outlook for a company I assume had more credibility.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

charmanderrr
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @shetlander78 

Thank you for reaching PayPal.

Im sorry you were not able to access the total amount of your money.

To provide detail about reserves, kindly visit the link below.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ2371

Hope this will help! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.