Paypal wont add a bank account, keeps sending me verification codes to my phone!

brooklyn1990
Contributor
Contributor

This whole situation is insane-- something is wrong with Paypal's system and I have no one to talk to in customer service---

It won't allow me to add a bank account-- it keeps sending me confirmation codes to my phone asking me to "verify" who I am, and I keep entering in the codes sent to my phone, and the system keeps refreshing and sending new verification codes over and over and over again until it stopped and said it couldn't confirm my identity!

I even logged in through incognito browser, cleared my cookies and used my phone and this weird repetitive error from paypal keeps happening. This makes no sense. One time the page refreshed on it's own and took me to a page full of gibberish and letters like it switched to html.  I am doing exactly what you guys are telling me to do and you say " identity confirmed" then you refresh the page and ask me to put in a new verification code you just sent to my phone!  My phone is filled with over two dozen paypal verification codes right now!!!

This is INSANE. Why does your system keep sending me verification codes 2 or 3 times in a roll, asking me to enter the codes and then asking again & then saying my identity can't be verified? I have attached some screenshots from my phone of how many times it sent me codes. Please get back to me today on how you guys can fix this

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

brooklyn1990
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to attach screenshots of all the codes sent to my phone here but apparently there's no option to attach pictures to question posts 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brooklyn1990 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

brooklyn1990
Contributor
Contributor

Your reply doesn't make any sense-- I put in the codes they sent to my phone and their system kept asking for a new code over and over again and kept sending me new ones.

I put in every code they sent me. Then they said they could not verified me and would not allow me to add a bank account at all. I tried to do an alternative way and it wouldn't work. I cleared my cache  & cookies and it wouldn't work. I used my phone and it wouldn't work. Their system is malfunctioning big time and it's infuriating

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brooklyn1990 

THEN CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICES AS ALREADY ADVISED ABOVE.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

brooklyn1990
Contributor
Contributor

I AM ! OMG these are the phone calls from hell!

I am on the phone a THIRD time with someone and they DONT UNDERSTAND THE ISSUE  no matter how many times I explain it to them or tell them to look at the email . The issue is clear-- their system isn't seeing correct information being put in properly -- it reads all correct information as incorrect!!

This woman on the phone asked me where I have lived before and she mentioned two states I never lived at in my life and a street from another state I never lived at before-- and she had the nerve to tell me that i " failed" her verifcation which is a LIE and proves my point-- the verification process has serious bugs in it that don't make sense!!

I never lived in baltimore or new hampshire or a peach street-- and there were only 3 questions asking that!! And she's trying to tell me I lived there? What is wrong with these people?! Why is no one listening to me?!!

Login to Me Too

brooklyn1990
Contributor
Contributor

OMG  THEY ARE REFUSING TO OPEN THE EMAIL AND TO LOOK AT ANY OF THE SCREENSHOTS TO SEE ALL THAT IM SAYING IS TRUE

THIS IS UNIMAGINABLE !! 

CAN SOMEONE HAVE A SUPERVISOR CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY!!! THE PERSON I WAS TRANSFERED TO ON THE PHONE-- I ASKED HIM TO OPEN THE EMAIL TO LOOK AT THE SITUATION AND THE SCREENSHOTS AND HE SAID " NO I WILL NOT" 

AND I ASKED HIM OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND HE REFUSED!!!!!! HE'S STILL REFUSING TO  LOOK AT IT!!

Login to Me Too

brooklyn1990
Contributor
Contributor

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!! 

I ASKED TO BE TRANSFERRED TO A SUPERVISOR-- I WAS TRANSFERRED TO SOMEONE WHO WAS REALLY A REPRESENTATIVE AND NOT A MANAGER-- AND HE STARTED INSULTING ME SAYING " YOU KNOW NOTHING, YOU KNOW NOTHING!" -- OMG-- IM SO HAPPY THEY RECORD ALL THESE CONVERSATIONS. THIS IS DISGUSTING!! 

HE REFUSES TO OPEN AN EMAIL, OPEN A CASE, ESCALATE THE CASE AND KEEPS TAUNTING ME ON THE PHONE. THIS IS HORRENDOUS!!! 

HOW DO I FILE A REPORT AGAINST THIS REPRESENTATIVE? I DONT EVEN KNOW HIS NAME AND HES BEING DODGY AF

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.