Paypal took part of my money and nobody answer me

HRR2020
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to send 1500€ to my brother's PayPal account. During sending it was written:

You send: 1500 €, E_***** will receive:1500€

So I send the money. BUT, Paypal took some of the money and brother received: 1434 €

My brother did not know how much money have I send so he accepted that money. I told him the amount so he refunded the money to me and:

Paypal returned the money to me and also took 50$ more again from the balance of my brother! 

I again sent the money and again in my end the PayPal showed that: You send: 1500 €, E_***** will receive:1500€ but it was a lie. my brother received 1434€ and also 50$ from his balance is reduced.

In total 66€ + 34$ of our money is taken by PayPal and the account of my brother is limited!

I and my brother asked PayPal to refund the money and pays back the taken money.

But no answer:

1. I called PayPal Germany and also London: Both ask you several questions and takes about 5 min. from your time and at the end their automatic answering system says that because of COVID19 no operator is available!

Think about that: how irresponsible can a company be. They do not answer you!

2. Email: I wrote several emails: all  are answered by BOTs and they pretend that these are answered by human by mentioning the name of a person at the end as email signature.

Isn't such behavior like a honest company?

Our money is gone and lots of time....

WHAT SHALL WE DO?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I can see you are quoting two currencies (€ and $). Are you sure you were not sending $1500 and after conversation your brother received €1434 thus the amount is less. And when he sent back conversation was involved again and you lost the other amount just due to conversation rate?
Login to Me Too

HRR2020
Contributor
Contributor

Dear insas,

No. I sent Euro and my brother wanted Euro in his account. So both were Euro and the same amount. 

Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
It seems like it was an international payment as you have $ and he €. Most likely funding fee was applied if you used a debit or credit card to fund the payment.
Login to Me Too

HRR2020
Contributor
Contributor

No. It was  € to €-

A friend told me that I had to choose pay to friend or family method otherwise PayPal reduces the amount of the transferred money and take some money for it self!!!

But there was not such option there and again what I saw was that:

I pay 1500€ and he receive:1500 €

As my brother refunded one time, also some money is taken for refund from his account....

Imagine: we have now 1434€ instead of 1500€ and also 50$ balance of my borother is taken.

What is the solution.

THEY ARE COMPLETELY CLOSED using COVID19 Excuse!!! No one is there. and what makes man angry is that they also does not answer the eamils. All emails are answered by BOTS with signature of a human!!!! you can try by send some keywords.....

My lawyer asked me to first  try to contact them using all available ways that are provided in the website. And if the problem does not solve, it will itself be considered as part of my complain against PayPal.

Telephone: failed, no one, relly NO One is there!!! The company is empty , London and Germany.

Email: Answered by BOTs, with signature of human. tested by me and friends and my lawyer

Community: No official answer until now.

FAX: will be send 

Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
You just said it again $50. That is American dollars. Your brothers account cannot be in Euros if they took dollars. If you sent euros and they took from brother dollars it means you have different currency accounts. You will have to wait until lines are open they will be able to explain better.
Login to Me Too

HRR2020
Contributor
Contributor
Please understand: The accounts have different currencies but I sent euro and he wanted also to receive euro. In his account there was 50$ that is also taken by PayPal. It is a dirty play from PayPal... They took 66€ from transfered money in Euro. Plus 50$ from my brother account as it is in Dollar. Now his account is limited and he can not transfer the reduced money....
Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
If his account is in dollars he can’t receive euros unless he opens another account in euros. If his account is opened in dollars doesn’t matter what he wants he will receive dollars thus the euros you sent were converted in dollars. HE DID NOT receive euros he received dollars. It doesn’t matter that your tag said you sent €1500. Since his account is in dollars transaction was converted automatically to dollars upon accepting.
Login to Me Too

HRR2020
Contributor
Contributor
Please understand: The accounts have different currencies but I sent euro and he wanted also to receive euro. 1500€ is sent : -1500€ 1434 € is received!: +1434€ In his account there was 50$ that is also taken by PayPal. It is a dirty play from PayPal... They took 66€ from transfered money in Euro. Plus 50$ from my brother account as it is in Dollar. Now his account is limited and he can not transfer the reduced money....
Login to Me Too

HRR2020
Contributor
Contributor
No. How do you allow your self to reply all Questions when you don't know that it is possible to receive money in other currencies than your account. Or the job is to reply all questions, make open topic messy, avoiding others to join... I DON'T NEED YOUR ANSWER! I NEED ONE FROM PAYPAL TO PAYBACK MY STOLEN MENEY! that's the reason I created this topic.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.