Paypal scams hard working people out of money!!!!

jaime_6798

To make a long story short... I sold a gift card on ebay back in november. I sent the gift card information to the buyer through ebay messages and i also asked the buyer if they wanted the card phsyically mailed. The buyer responded back to the message stating that he didn't need that. A few hours later, the buyer started to claim his account was hacked and wanted a refund. As stated with my auctions, i do not give refunds back esp w gift cards. Since i could check the gift card balance, the card had been used in that time frame. Speed things ahead, the buyer filed a chargeback with paypal in febuary. The buyer filed w paypal stating he never received the item or it wasn't as described which is **bleep** esp since i have proof he got the gift card information.  I submitted all of the paperwork to paypal showing this was a blantin lie. After several weeks, paypal has now closed the case and sided with by buyer. So now i have to pay the chargeback fees that paypal charges along w them taking the money that the buyer paid for the gift card. So techincally i'm out double the money. Thanks paypal for **bleep** me over! I will never do business with paypal again!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jaime_6798

If it was a chargeback then the buyer filed a dispute directly with their card issuer and its the card issuer that makes the decision and charges their processing fee.

BUT paypal would in those circumstances reimburse you if you lost out as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection. HOWEVER you did not meet all those requirements as seller protection does not cover digital or virtual content.

You should have sent the item trackable and you would have been covered by seller protection.

But you sent it virtually or digitally which is fine you can sell that way BUT at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.