Paypal's unfair & unlawful tactics

cjweisser
Contributor
Contributor

It is against international banking laws to arbitrarily hold your funds for as long as paypal does! Why do they think the law doesn't apply to them?  Not everyone out there can afford to wait for over a month to gain access to money that belongs to the users anyway!!! I try to avoid using paypal as often as possible. I would advise others to do so. Most purchases you can get online also offer direct payment through your own debit/credit cards. Paypal does NOT protect you as theyclaim!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cjweisser

1. Its perfectly legal.

2. Its part of buyer protection and ALL new sellers have gone through the process including every single ebay seller. But as its for buyer protection most of us were happy to do so.

3. If you don't like it then don't use paypal, its easy enough to close your account.

4. Without buyer protection we probably would not have sold our items in the first place so i  would rather wait a few weeks and get some money than not sell my item at all.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cjweisser
Contributor
Contributor

How much does paypal pay you for your biased opinion!

Login to Me Too

justjarhead
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@cjweisser

1. Its perfectly legal. But is it morally correct to make a customer (buyer or seller) eat interest charges while PayPal accrues it?

2. Its part of buyer protection and ALL new sellers have gone through the process including every single ebay seller. But as its for buyer protection most of us were happy to do so.Buyer Protection has so many holes in it you could sift flour thru them

3. If you don't like it then don't use paypal, its easy enough to close your account. I don't actively use PayPal anymore because buyer protection is so bad and holding of funds is so relevant. 30 day hold on funds for canceled payment where seller canceled order is a prime example. Seller freed up funds as soon as he could but PayPal drug their feet.

4. Without buyer protection we probably would not have sold our items in the first place so i  would rather wait a few weeks and get some money than not sell my item at all. It actually works as Seller Protection especially with mis-delivered USPS packages and Tracking Reciept policy.

Login to Me Too

Actually, it's not 'easy enough' to close your account.

I want to close my account due to PayPal's participation in illegal Israeli settlements in the West bank, but when I try closing my account I just get the message: "Sorry there was a problem.  Try again later."  This has happened three times over the past 48 hours.

Login to Me Too

Mhersey86
Contributor
Contributor

I know what you mean... Just listen to what they did to me!

I bought an item on ebay from China. The item arrived broken. Ebay closed the case as I trusted Paypal to be fair. This was the first mistake. Opening dispute in Paypal auto closes the Ebay case... Wow, that seems logical? Nope. It is just stupid! Very scumbag of a tactic to pull... If I lose the Paypal case... I have no other options then...

I was told after the dispute that I would have these two options to get my $152.99 back

1. Pay the shipping costs to China and take the hit in shipping...

2. Close the case with no refund and keep the broken item...

3. Accept a pathetic $30 credit to cover the $109 Shipping costs to China...

Really?! This is how you treat someone that spends hundreds here on and through Ebay? Really? I guess you could give two **bleep** about me and the $152 that I have lost. I know right from wrong and you guys are just thieves with empty promises... You and your buyer protection is a joke! The seller refuses to refund me... Refuses to pay for the label to ship it back... And you have the nerve to ask me to "Tell my Bank about this and demand a Chargeback"?

Guess what? My bank said it IS YOUR JOB TO BE MY BUYER PROTECTION... Not thiers.

I have been a customer for many years... You guys are going straight to **bleep** and fast. You make sorry and sick to my stomach that I ever chose to TRUST you with my purchases.

I hope this warns anyone out there about their **bleep** policies if you get broken items from China!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mhersey86

yet another rant from someone that made mistakes and then blames paypal for the fact they can't READ.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

justjarhead
Contributor
Contributor

@kerlowlass

Who is your employer?

It sure seems like you work for PayPal if anyone follows all your comments on this forum.

Either that or your just adicted to this place and are pro-PayPal.

Login to Me Too

cjweisser
Contributor
Contributor

I went thru the same kind of crap last year. I sold an item that got broken in transit, or so the buyer claims, but the problem was, there was no way that kind of break could have possibly happened unless the buyer heated up the unit and exposed it to cold water right away! ebay and paypal ruled against me. Go figure!

Login to Me Too

rdn553
Contributor
Contributor

Hello...just trying to get connected?...as iwas typing this they called me back and hung up????...wow...nice customer srevice....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.