Paypal phone support will lie to you.

gsalmon
New Community Member

I had a payment on hold from early last week, it was due to be released today, (Thursday, July 27).

I phoned support last week and expressed that I absolutely could not wait until today for that payment to go through, they had debited my account, so paypal had my money, and I absolutely needed to pay this service by this Tuesday, the very latest.  Paypal support told me that there was no problem, the date given was a worst-case scenario, and the funds would be available last Friday, or this Monday at the latest.   I reiterated the importance, and the support person promised me the funds would be released by Tuesday.

The funds were held until Thursday the 27th.  I am now in a very unfortunate situation because I was lied to.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gsalmon

Paypal told you funds would be released on the 27th and they were released on the 27th.

Whether you ''can't wait or not'' is not relevant if they tell you that you have to wait that long.

Any their ''call centre staff'' are just reading from a script and often i suspect just want you off the phone  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.