Major Problems Printing eBay/Paypal Shipping Labels with Firefox

Temp20240123im
New Community Member

About an hour ago I started having major problems printing my shipping labels via paypal. When the window pop's up to print the pitney Bowes label I keep on getting:

The connection was interrupted

The connection to www.paypal.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

At first I thought it was my ad blockers. So I disabled them. No help. Then I uninstalled FIrefox and reinstalled it. No Help. I then went do a different computer (that I often use for printing) and the same error. However with IE there are no problems.

Please fix asap

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Lkarma
Contributor
Contributor

same problems printing since middle of week around 17th March, tired 3 different PC's printers, browsers etc, ended up having to void over £20 worth of labels.  Rang Paypal and they admitted a known technical error which they were working on, Seemed OK after 18th march then last night 20th March started getting issues printing direct from eBay so had to use Paypal, then this morning 21st back to square one in Paypal connection error etc.  If you ring Paypal they can credit any deleted label costs immediately.  They NEED to get this sorted after all we PAY for the service!

Login to Me Too

sharkie11
New Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem. Tried on Chrome, Firefix, and IE. Im desperate. This is annoying--in the past I've had issues opening it up but I would just refresh or try on a different browser and eventually it'd load. Not anymore 😞 😞 😞 Please fix thi ASAP

Login to Me Too

dinendecor
Contributor
Contributor

I did a Firefox update and now it is working

Login to Me Too

sitheris
New Community Member

Have had same problems in Chrome/IE/Firefox.  I called Paypal and they refunded me without question and informed me that the vendor which generates shipping labels (Pitney Bowes) has reported major intermittent network outages since last Thursday (Mar 13).  No ETA on when things on PB's end will be straightened out, unfortunately.

Login to Me Too

lv2bytrollbeads
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same issues...still not working....maybe it's time to try stamps.com or usps.com...so annoying!
Login to Me Too

mcarter76
Contributor
Contributor

I was having this problem tonight and had to void the shipping label after too many reprint requests. The problem is that I was pre-charged and a refund takes up to 15 days. It's good to hear that PayPal will credit the account more quickly if you make a phone call, but it's still not very convenient.

The part that really irks me is that how many times can I hit reprint before I have to void again and lose more money? It would really help if we could know when the web service will be available again, to avoid wasting reprints, or that it would block requests until it was back up again.

Login to Me Too

sgtpepper1
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem on Chrome and Firefox, however the labels print perfectly well using Internet Explorer! This is a bit of a pain as I normally use Google Chrome as my main browser.

Login to Me Too

mcarter76
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the IE suggestion... that finally worked for me when I attempted a third reprint this morning.

Unfortunately after a long conversation with PayPal they would not credit my account for the voided transaction, but directed me to call USPS. He said they have a procedure for these refunds and that service availability problems do happen during high traffic periods. He even suggested using another label printing service... so maybe that is a word to the wise.

Login to Me Too

mcarter76
Contributor
Contributor

The part I don't like is being out 38 dollars for up to 15 days when it was no fault of my own.

Login to Me Too

dinendecor
Contributor
Contributor

I just uodated FireFox and started to work

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.