robotic customer support to banned account

Temp20211002H
Contributor
Contributor

I've been flagged as a high risk user and have had my account permanently banned. OK, but I never got a real explanation, never got a warning, and after two phone calls no one even really bothered to hear my case or ask me questions. This is unacceptable and unethical for a business of paypal's stature. Being able to terminate accounts on a whim is just bad business.

You ought to adopt a more sensible model in the future- even you make mistakes, and customers who rely on you to serve as a medium for larger/many transactions shouldn't be flagged just cuz.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its in the user agreement that you agreed to when you joined so yes they can terminate your account without notice if they want to.

their site = their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20211002H
Contributor
Contributor

That's fine- then people should know this is actually done, in practice, before creating a paypal account. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They would if they read the user agreement that they agree to when they open their paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20211002H
Contributor
Contributor

I am unaware of what in the terms I violated, and evidently cannot be told. "It's in the terms" isn't very satisfactory in this context. I understand it's their rules, so my satisfaction is irrelevant, but permanent limitation for no actual good reason should be something people are made fully aware of when using Paypal. There's nothing wrong with making that knowledge available in forums other than the user agreement, just to reach the largest audience. Hence the feedback forum.

Usually, in practice, people use paypal as a hub for transferring/sending/receiving money without the expectation it will be banned without warning "just because they can."

Login to Me Too

szeitz
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

They would if they read the user agreement that they agree to when they open their paypal account.

The fact that you think this is an acceptable answer to give to a customer, who I guarantee who have funds frozen for, is precisely the problem. Arbitrarlily punishing and/or bannishing customers who haven't done anything wrong and then explaining that you have the right to do that is not anything remotely close to good business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.