Withdrawal fiasco over $72

Kretek
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm asking for a measly $72 to be transferred to my bank account from Paypal. 

Here has been my oh-so-excellent response from Paypal so far and my correspondence. 

Let me preface this by saying I asked someone on the phone after Paypal was 7 days past due on the transfer (yes, treating this like a debt now) to trace the wire. They said "Woops, computer error, here ya go. See ya in 3 days." 

In the meantime, I transferred another $29 off my Paypal account because I'm closing my account after YEARS on Paypal. That transfer hit my account today. 2 days after I put in a transfer request. Now I know Paypal is messing with my money.

Here's my email today:

"Jean, once again the money was not deposited, while another transfer through Paypal went through. Paypal is now 9 days past due (amount was sent on the 1st) on the $72 and despite me calling your customer service, I still have not received my money. I'd like this amount sent IMMEDIATELY and it needs to post to my account TOMORROW. NO MORE piddling around with my money. I want it now and I know you can rush the transfer. No more excuses about computer errors and no more calls. Just do it. I am tired of holding, tired of waiting and tired of Paypal."

Here's the AWESOME response from Paypal (sarcasm intended):

"We have manually requested a trace of your missing withdrawal made last February 1, 2013 for the amount of $72.52 USD. Please expect an email notification or a phone call from PayPal within the next 24 to 48 hours."

24 to 48 hours, Paypal? That's your excellent customer service? I'm canceling my account and I hope this inspires others to do so as well. I can go through my bank or Amazon payments from now on. Your service is no longer needed.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.