Please change policy or lose business immediately

Chief2
New Community Member

Recently very disapointed to find PayPal delivered an ultimatum to a tactical supplies vendor I do business with, "remove knives, ammo, gun parts from offerrings or lose affiliation with PayPal".   They chose to disconnect from PayPal and I support their stance.  My organization does business with many vendors that PayPal will no longer be available on, due to this stance.  PayPal is messing with 2nd ammendment rights and the rights of not just private citizens but of government agencies in this regard.  My agency will stop doing all business with PayPal if this stance does not change.  I will personally follow suit.  Please revise your stance, and explain yourself as a business.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Good on paypal.

More will support them than oppose them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chief2
New Community Member

Firstly, WHY good on PayPal?  Is it just a "take care of me but don't give me the details" attitude on life or is it some other deeply disconnected attitude that drives your response?  Maybe all should fear what you fear.  Secondly, I and others like me in positions of authority do business with tactical supply companies as a matter of course.  It is a requirement for us to protect the likes of your inappropiate, unapreciative heiny.  PayPal has been convenient in such transactions but not required.  If the ignorant spouts from the likes of you are representative then PayPal is off the table for all transactions of any kind going forward.  Personal choice.

I've looked into your responses on behalf of PayPal.  You are caustic and disrespectful, and you do them a disservice.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I've looked into your responses on behalf of PayPal

What makes you think i talk on behalf of paypal?

If you don't talk on their behalf why do you think i do?

This is a user to user help forum, sometimes i agree with paypal and sometimes i don't.

I am here to help users find there way around USING paypal and i post my OWN opinions on other matters.

Guess the 1000 folks who's problems i have solved and the 1500 that took the time to say i had helped them may go towards more help on this forum than someone like you.

What you probably mean is that i don't agree with YOUR post and you don't like that.     Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Robotazky
Contributor
Contributor

It's like any other Constitutional issue where the government and businesses act on behalf of one group in society.  

Everyone in the anti-Constitution camp is thrilled at executive action and other broad, sweeping dictatorial actions by government and business, for now.  What they ignorantly don't see coming, is when someone who opposes their opinions is in power and the precedent has already been set to abuse and nullify parts of the Constitution. 

A perfect example is Apple meddling in the laws of Indiana.  Any professional business person would know not to meddle in government and social issues like this.  The reason?  Tim Cook is saying that he is going to oppose the voters of Indiana and influence government and voters the best he can.  What happens when it's a horrific opposition that is able to overpower voters and governments through the corrupt systems we have?  People just can't see the potential abuses for their actions anymore.  Tampering with the Constitution and endorsing non-Constitutional policies is unprofessional, ignorant, and self-destructive.

I'm not surprised by anything anymore.  People are very ignorant and most are also stupid.  All of the doors being opened at the cost of our rights will be used to destroy us.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.