Lousy payment hold policy

mollysdad
Contributor
Contributor

So i'm a member in good standing with PP and ebay...above average user  etc...so PP holds payments from ebay sales because they say I haven't sold anything in a while. RIDICULOUS, in the meantime I'm doing thousands in transactions through PP. There is NO excuse to make me or anyone jump through hoops to get their money, especially when they are member with high standing on PP and Ebay.   

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mollysdad

If you have not sold for a long time then you go through it again, however I never found it much of a problem as funds are released in about a week if you provide a tracking number.

I never had to wait 21 days.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mollysdad
Contributor
Contributor

Point is  I was active on PP...I should not have to PROVE my worthiness over and over... a simple call should suffice ..IMO...   Above average ratings and active PP account,, and an a-one PP credit history...so maybe you like to wait for your money..I don't ,especially with all my accounts in good order...again  buyer protected ,.seller hosed.   Why shoulkd the buyer have my item for over a week while I wait for payment?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mollysdad

No different than working for a week before getting paid?

As paypal CREDIT you the funds anyway and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from the buyers funding source to reimburse them then its often paypals money thats pending UNTIL the buyers payment plays catch up.

And no i did not like going through the hold but as its for buyer protection and weeds out poor sellers I understood why its done.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mollysdad
Contributor
Contributor

totally different,, A tangible item I own  Again you miss the point...my terms and transactions should NOT be altered on a whim.  With NO reason. My history and standing should prevent   "payment pending" out of the blue.  You must work for PP.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mollysdad

So as an ebay seller that disagrees with you I must work for paypal........how narrow minded.

BYE

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.