name change

Hossam-shehata
Contributor
Contributor

Dear customer service team,

I need your prompt assistance to change my name on paypal, as my name on the paypal account is <removed> which is the surname and i need my real name to appear on my account which is <removed> because this lead to a conflict with etoro as they allege that im not the paypal account holder because when i created an account at etoro company i used my real name <removed> while they paypal account is <removed>

so i need your help to change my name from <removed> to <removed> as soon as possible before etoro ban my account and my deposits.

thanks in advance, your prompt assistance is really needed.

regards,

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hossam-shehata

From Paypals help pages.

You can change the name on your account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name. If you have a business account, you can change the contact name for your business. However, it is not possible to change the name on your account to another person's name.

Here’s how you can change your name:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
  2. Click Update below your name.
  3. Select your type of name change.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen and click either Continue or Update Name.

Note that, depending on the type of name change, you may need to submit documentation for our review.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Hossam-shehata

As Kernowlass wrote, you will most likely not be able to have this changed in your PayPal account.

PayPal will not be able to verify your identity documents when they are requested if the account owners name that was used does not match. If the owner name on your PayPal account differs in any way beyond a spelling mistake from your real name, you should close the PayPal account and reopen a new account with your correct (real) name.

Remember to unlink any financial accounts before closing it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.