Trying to contact PayPal

Retromtber1969
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to contact someone at PayPal today regarding a payment sent to someone by incorrectly , I was given the wrong details by the seller that should have received my payment , Obviously during Covid I understand staffing must be minimal , however their is no manned telephone number to ring to discuss the situation, but instead an offering an online message service which I cannot get any reply ???  anyone help me solve this ?? Many thanks 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Retromtber1969 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date)
2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Pending/Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option.
4. Payment or Sent.
5. Pending/Uncleared with a clearance date.
6. Pending awaiting authorisation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Retromtber1969
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for fast reply , I says 'Money sent" , the issue is that the seller said the PayPal payment address was .com however it should have been .it 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Retromtber1969 

ok first if it says money ''sent'' then it sounds like a gift payment and not a purchase as it was done using the friends / family option.

Secondly if it says sent then it has successfully completed to the email address / paypal account that it was sent to.

If as i think it was a gift payment then all you can do is reach out to that email address and ask them to refund but unfortunately you can't raise a dispute to force them to do so.

Can I also say that scam sellers often use this tactic and get you to send a ''friends/family'' payment that negates your buyer protection and then 'pretends' its the wrong address and that they did not receive the funds at all as they know there is little you can do about it to prove that they did.

Not saying this is the case in your instance but i have seen it happen many times before on here.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.