Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you

robertmain_
New Community Member

Tried to login to my PayPal account just now and got the password wrong. I reset the password and then logged in with the password I had just set (it was stored in my password manager). Upon doing that, PayPal then locked my account completely and now when I try to login it says I've tried too many times and to try resetting my password. I click to reset my password and get a message saying " Sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you" and directing me to the contact page. I go to the contact page, which tells me to call customer support. I do that, navigate through several layers of menus, only to be told by the phone system that they can't help me on the phone and I should use the online help center before it finally hangs up. I can't access the online help center because I can't login.

I apologize for the rant, but just what the hell is any reasonable person expected to do? The website says to phone them, the phone system says to use the website. What a mess. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.