PayPal's attempt at the modern day chat bot assistant and why they shouldn't have. Lol

BeLiving
Contributor
Contributor

The automated chat bot leaves something to be desired. I hate not only the way that "assistant" talks in circles but PayPal attitude about customer satisfaction. There's no way they're serious about this bot. We aren't receiving support PayPal's truly capable of providing us with. I'm assuming since this lame excuse for a chat assistant us is what we are forced to deal with. After experiencing the bot, it suddenly becomes very clear PayPal doesnt consider customer satisfaction to be a part of its company values. As far as other support options such as email or phone support, those must be achieveed. They're only available for certain inquiries and that determination is made using a question/answer page after you click "Contact Us". A Customer must choose their answers wisely here. The goal is to give the answer PayPal seems worthy to provide you live support. They guess what your problem might be using a limtied list of possibilities Select the closest one that seems  closest to what you're actually experiencing. This generic decision maker instantly and magically knows the type of you need. Beware: if you select the "wrong" answer to this riddle, PayPal's system punishes you with the oldest trick - the support page reroute. Back to the start you go!  If magical decison maker says it's okay, you get to advance to the next level. In this choose your own adventure you get to choose between PayPal's chat assistant or you can pick their community. Both ofr these options are meant for "less important" money issues. Like ensuring you get paid and other financial nonsense. After you view the community's impressive list of unanswered questions, try the only other option - automated assistant. Both the assistant and the community help page have a pesky habit of making you enter your login and password again and again. It won't matter that you've already entered this info ten times during your session. They like to make sure you're still you every 5 minutes. Also important, verifying the 6 digit SMS code every time you login to PayPal from your browser. This is what you do whenever the app's down, so every time you log on. The "remember my device" checkbox is merely decorative and serves no purpose and your security settings are more formality than functions. To prove to them your issue is important enough for live support just means you were  desperate enough to keep searching for an answer for this long on your own. Unfortunately, live phone support is not available 24/7 seven days a week. It's not enough that this huge a financial institution refuses to provide live support (even for suspicious account activity) at all times, To me personally, it's laughable how ridiculous a policy this is. How can this massive global bank get away with refusing around the clock live support? Are accounts drained and does fraud only occur during this window of availability? Um, no. PayPal's Support currently looks like this....: PayPal to Customer- "We hear you're in the midst of a dire cash emergency at 2AM on your vacation?", " Aww, Sorry! We're afraid you'll need to call back later during our normal hours of operation! For now your only two options include the community forum (where questions go to die) as well as our maddening chat assistant. Our circle-taking chat bot is here to provide you with that additional hoop you're gonna need. Go ahead and jump through it. That way your answer can be 'Yes' later when we ask. We prefer all our customers chat with the bot assistant prior to seeking our actual help. Keep in mind: this bot only acknowledges well-written complete sentences free of misspellings and grammatical error. Hopefully your issue matches one out of the five issues this state-of-the-art bot can recognize. However if a solution is what you seek, that's gonne require you speak with one of our live agents over the phone and not via email or FB message. Good luck! "

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BeLiving 

Sorry can't wade through that great block of text.

Try an edit and paragraphs.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.