Old addresses continue to show up when I go to the Ship to selection area

rnickerson
Contributor
Contributor

How do I remove the Old addresses for Ship to: I have several addresses going back 7 years.  I have updated my profile and only have one showing there.  Can't seem to find how to delete the olds that show up during a transaction for purchase...?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @rnickerson,

This typically happens related to eBay transactions. It's what we call a guest address, and it's tied to your account on the back end, so to speak. The only way to resolve this is to contact us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter so that we can look into the addresses manually and ensure any unwanted ones are removed. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @rnickerson,

This typically happens related to eBay transactions. It's what we call a guest address, and it's tied to your account on the back end, so to speak. The only way to resolve this is to contact us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter so that we can look into the addresses manually and ensure any unwanted ones are removed. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Galaxyclass
New Community Member

I'm one of those rare folks that does not have Facebook nor Twitter.  Is there any other contact method than phone that could help remove these addresses?  Phone seems to be unavailable due to the limited support during the shutdown.

Also, will PayPal ever make this a front-end UI setting to change?  It would be nice if these could be self-service so to speak.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

thelastcivilian
New Community Member

Seriously, NO.   JUST GIVE US A WAY TO DELETE THESE.

ffs.

I'm not going to CALL PayPal support.  FIX IT.  IT'S BEEN AN ISSUE FOR A DECADE.  THERE ARE POSTS WITH 10,000+ PEOPLE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE.  FIX IT.

Login to Me Too

gpro
New Community Member

I agree with others.  The last time I called Paypal, I was on the phone for 45 minutes trying to solve one stupid thing.  Let us delete these addresses, some of which are incorrect and are piling up on my list.  Allow us to delete old shipping addresses!!!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.