Need to reset my 2FA, what a journey!

2fa-reset
New Community Member

The problem is extremely straight-forward: I broke my old phone, have a new one, but the old one had 2FA configured with Google Authenticator.

So, I cannot log in.

• I try to contact the support. I need to log in :shrug:
  • I try to write a community post. I need to log in. I cannot, remember?
  • Then I find a way I can contact the support without logging in, yee!
    • I tell my story (need to reset 2FA), they ask me information about my card numbers etc... but it turns out they cannot do any changes to my account as I am located in Estonia, but the support agent can only access US customers.
      • They tell me to ask help on worldwide site, I go there, but there is no "ask help without logging in" at that site, I should log in. I cannot, remember?
    • They provide me a phone number to call [removed, phone # not permitted] - there is a recording telling I am not served at the moment because of COVID-19
    • They provide me another phone number to call [removed, phone # not permitted]  - there is a really fancy phone-bot talking to me, but finally, when I am directed to a human (because the bot isn't able to solve the issue for me), it says there is no free agent and it closes the call
  • I create another account, the one I am using now to write this post, to contact support to get access to my actual/old account
  • I try to "report a problem" with my new account. I am asked which transaction is the problem related to. :facepalm: there are no transactions on my new account.
  • I write a post to the community forum (it was advertised as a way forward by the support agent) with my new account, yee

Also, probably forgot to mention some other steps I have taken and which have always lead to a login screen. It has been very funny, but also a very exhaustive and nonproductive journey. I only need to reset my 2FA!

Anyways, if anyone knows a way I could possibly have the 2FA reset for my account, I need this. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Gally35
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. Paypal sucks, no customer service, no help so just forget about paypal, use amazon, no problem

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.