My Paypal balance taken by Paypal

milsekr
Contributor
Contributor
I have been an eBay and PayPal member and seller for 15 years. I have a stellar sellers rating on eBay. 6 months ago PayPal froze my account "permanently". Despite multiple phone calls, I was never given any specific information on what actually occurred to cause the account limitation. I had no buyer issues, no money owed and to my knowledge had sold nothing that should have or could have been claimed as a violation. I still honestly have absolutely no idea what occurred. There was over $550 still left in my account when it was frozen. Money that I had earned through eBay, selling multiple items. Mostly household and collectibles. I was told several times via PayPal customer service representatives that I would have to wait 180 days to be able to receive my money from my account. I was told that at the 180 day mark, I would receive an email from them telling me how to claim it. One week before the 180 day period, PayPal took the money from my account and claimed it as theirs. Now I can't get in touch with anyone at Paypal because of my account being locked and "Covid19 staffing". And my money has absolutely disappeared! What the heck is going on???!!!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milsekr 

Do you think it was this policy?

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

If you’ve violated our Acceptable Use Policy, then you’re also responsible for damages to PayPal caused by your violation of this policy; or
If you are a seller and you violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal's damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal's actual damages considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

milsekr
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for that link. I'm aware of this policy that PayPal has. The issue for me is I have absolutely no idea what policy violation they are holding me accountable for. In several conversations that I've had over the intervening months since this happened in late November, I have been told by multiple people at PayPal customer service that my account was frozen and the funds were being held in case there were claims, chargebacks, cases etc. Several of the people I spoke with said that the money would be available to me to withdraw but I would have to wait the 180 days. Like I said, no one ever gave me any specific information about what the actual infraction was! This is the craziest thing I've ever seen. Cannot get in touch with anyone. Cannot get any information. And then they take my money and hold it as "damages"? This makes no sense to me. How many other PayPal customers have had their accounts frozen and their balances absorbed by PayPal. Thousands? tens of thousands? And that money just becomes theirs. I think this is outrageous. PayPal is operating 100% without due process. Because they are so huge they can get away with anything they do.
Login to Me Too

Dinarizkautami
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know what's going on my balance is sending to PayPal automatically 😢
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.