cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account Suddenly Became Chinese...

SOLVED
Contributor

Re: My Account Suddenly Became Chinese...

Help! Mine is Chinese too. Tried everything suggested. Also missing $10 that was paid according to ebay but don't have info for the 4 payments on my paypal. Ebay has the time and date they were paid but paypal has nothing and nothing pending either. Also somehow one payment should have been $4.00 but was paid as $3.58. What the **bleep** is going on with paypal? Is this what we get after the ebay split? The only thing not in Chinese is the app. Any Web page is in Chinese. I emailed support about my account possibly being hacked days ago and got no reply. And all these solutions are funny. You are suggesting for people to call paypal or click on the contact us button.....what part of "its in Chinese" don't you understand?
Contributor

After you log on your Paypal account, on the top of toolbar, you may see an icon "settings". Sorry I can't attach a picture here. After you click on the Settings icon, look for the Chinese (supposed it's Simplified Chinese) characters like this "账户选项". Then click on "语言", on the pull-down-menu, click on it and search until you see "English". Save it and it's done. Good luck!

This worked, I found these symbols on the left hand side towards the bottom.

@cflam0625 wrote:

After you log on your Paypal account, on the top of toolbar, you may see an icon "settings". Sorry I can't attach a picture here. After you click on the Settings icon, look for the Chinese (supposed it's Simplified Chinese) characters like this "账户选项". Then click on "语言", on the pull-down-menu, click on it and search until you see "English". Save it and it's done. Good luck!

GFYS PayPal, **bleep** move kind of like MICROSOFT trying to force windows 10 upgrade on those who didn't notice the "optional" upgrade was preselected. WTF is wrong with you?

Contributor

As I re-read my answer earlier, I noticed i left out a KEY point when I got mine fixed. I understand that everything is written in Chinese, but down at the bottom there are three options, one of them which is "legal", which I believe is the middle option, after selecting this option it brings you to a new screen. There is a drop down that allows you to choose english. After selecting english, you can then click the paypal emblem at the top and it will take you to your home overview screen which should be in english. Beware however, if you click on any other options in your summary, such as cards, it will go back to chinese. It will also turn back to chinese when you click the cog to go to the settings, however, "classic view" when you go into the settings, if I remember right is still written in english. If not, its at the bottom left in big blue letters. If you follow my first posts steps, it will fix the issue. I have logged in numerous times since fixing it and it has not changed back to chinese. 

Contributor

This hasn't been solved for me at all, my browser cache is cleared every time I close a site and cookies are dropped when I restart my browser.  PayPal is about to lose my biz if it isn't fixed

New Community Member

Clearing the cookie cache did not work for me. Here is what I did:  

Go to the URL field at the top of your browser.  I am using Windows 8/Chrome.

Enter the word   Paypal   in the url field...that's right...in the url field.  Click enter, or search.

Google will then produce Paypal as a search result.

I clicked on the first search result, which was Paypal.com.  It had a little orange "AD" box to the left, indicating that Paypal advertises on Google.

Enter your log-in info as usual, and always remember, change your password every 3 months!

Hope this helps!  

New Community Member

This is pretty much the worst customer service issue I have experienced in a long time. The site is in Chinese and yes, I know to right click to translate, but I cannot get it to change permanently. 

I have called the contact number on the site and it too is all Chinese.

I have called numbers suggested in this thread and it is by far the most idiotic automated system in the world.

Suggestion: Have an option to speak to someone right away and not go through 1000 hoops

I just want to completely cancel and erase any trace of my information from PayPal as it has shown itself to be unstable, to say the least, but of'course that is made virtually impossible as well. 

Palpal - your site and customer service is horrible

New Community Member

Absolutely the worst customer service I've expereinced in a long time. How can so many people be experiencing this problem and Pay Pal does nothing to prevent this. I can't use the steps provided because it's been so long since I've used pay pal I have to "verify" some things and the options for profile settings and such are not available until I verify this stuff. But i will not try to attempt this while the page is in chinese. The automated phone system is almost useless. Unless you think staying on hold for 45+ minutes is a good use of time. It's unlikely I will ever chose to use pay pal again and if I find out my account was hacked and there are expenses to me I will make sure everyone I do business with (I run a local beef jerky and snack business) knows how vulernable Pay Pal is and how ridiculous this experience was.

New Community Member

The language on my mobile PayPal app just turned Chinese and I don't see any setting I can change. Please advise

Hi Vjcd,

Thanks for posting in the forum and sorry for the late reply here.  Sorry to hear that this is happening. If the issue is in iOS, the following may help: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Settings/iOS-app-language/m-p/998999/highlight/true?profil...

Jessica