Constantly forced to change password!

Molly629
New Community Member

EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to log in to PayPal, whether on my computer or on the app, it claims there is "unusual activity" and FORCES me to change my password. It's gotten so annoying that I am actively avoiding using PayPal at all. I've seen other people posting about the same exact issue and they got no replies, so I know I'm not the only one having this problem. PLEASE help me stop this from happening?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Mila64
New Community Member
Same thing is happening to me!! I have had to make 3 password changes in a week an none for previous 5 years.
Login to Me Too

breeze-22
Contributor
Contributor
Same every time it claims unusual activity and I have to change my password. It’s ridiculous and no actual reason why
Login to Me Too

NormalMudkip
Contributor
Contributor

SAME HERE and its extremely aggravating because even if I enter the password correctly on the first attempt, there's still "unusual activity" forcing me to change my password AGAIN.

Login to Me Too

CadeyrnLL
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing just happened to me  and i recently changed my password aswell i even went on to my activity to see if there was anything unusual and its all good i dont like being forced to change a password for no reason unless paypal got hacked  and the passwords leaked i dont see any need to change it. they should allow us to review the activity before deciding if we should change the password and only force password changes if they get hacked or had same password for a year or 2.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.