linked to facebook without authorization

katkenzel
Contributor
Contributor

I just randomly got an e-mail saying I linked my Paypal to my Facebook. This is a problem for two reasons. 1) I did not do this, because 2) I DO NOT HAVE A FACEBOOK. I don't know what robot **bleep** up, but I want to know how to fix this.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ricetj15
New Community Member

Similar issue. I have facebook, but I never turned this on or want this on. I don't want facebook to have my paypal info. What shady business is going on here?

Login to Me Too

Hojo81
Contributor
Contributor

Not only did Facebook link to my Paypal without authorization, Paypal let my wife make a $250 payment through Facebook without me ever giving her or Facebook my Paypal account password.  Fortunately the money went where we wanted it, but it is a HUGE security hole.  I do not trust Facebook at all, so I do not link any other accounts to them, but nonetheless Facebook continues to link to other accounts.

Login to Me Too

Robit621
Contributor
Contributor
Same here but checked my Facebook and there’s no PayPal account linked. Changed passwords to both in case something shady like somebody else putting my PayPal on their Facebook. Sure hope it’s just a bug, though! I hate weird stuff like this.
Login to Me Too

bis4betsy
Contributor
Contributor

I just got that same e-mail and I know I never activated PayPal on facebook.  

My account on facebook is deactivated now so it's a little confusing.

The only thing I can remotely think of is once I tried to donate to a fundraiser on facebook (quite some time ago) but I don't remember "linking" it to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor
How did you guys solve this. I deleted Facebook months ago. Now email saying I added PayPal to facebook. Is this a gimmick or what.
Login to Me Too

bis4betsy
Contributor
Contributor

You have to sign in on the PayPal site

Go to "Settings"

Then go to "Payments" and check all the "Automatic Payments

Click on the ones you want to delete. 

They should go into the "Inactive" mode and you can check that by clicking on that button.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.