Why is there no way to contact PayPal?

jp2code
Contributor
Contributor

There used to be a way to provide a number for a callback or chat with someone. Now all that exists is a program that tries to fit what you wrote into a list of FAQ answers.

Do they not really care to help their customers anymore?

Once before, I had an account that was blocked. It turned out to be an issue on PayPal's end, and they never would have known about it if I hadn't brought it to their attention.

Sometimes, there are features that get activated that I want to disable, like visiting a website for a trial offer and you get subscribed to monthly payments. Yes, that's in the FAQ, but not everything is.

Now, I'm finding that whenever I log in on a PC or phone to complete a transaction, a day or so later I get an email saying that it is going to remember me on that device. Why is it doing that? I never asked it to do that. If I wanted to be remembered on a device whenever I logged in to PayPal, I'd check the little box below the login that says "Keep Me Logged In". I never do that because I do not want whoever comes by my PC (at home or at work) or whoever happens to pick up my phone to have automatic access to my bank accounts. That's about the dumbest idea ever, and I want to complain this time about removing that ability for all time before I give up and close my PayPal account. I mean, PayPal is convenient, but not at the risk of getting my bank accounts drained because I was hacked after PayPal decided to trust some device that I may or may not have ever used before.

The question is: Why can't I contact PayPal? Not how do I address any of the 3 items above.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.