Unable to log in

Chiber1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently living in Taiwan, so my UK phone doesn't work, and when I try to login it insists on trying to text me a code. My phone does not work, ergo no code, and I can't send Paypal a message because I can't login. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chiber1 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chiber1
Contributor
Contributor

It was kind of you to reply, but that doesn't really help with the issue.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chiber1 

Really? You are trying to use a UK paypal account in TAIWAN which will not work, is that easier for you to understand?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chiber1
Contributor
Contributor

It wouldn't matter even if I were in the UK, the number I was using is dead. Besides which, it's perfectly possible to use PayPal overseas.

I was doing so up until a few months ago without issue. I wasn't trying to link up a Taiwanese bank to my account or anything, the banking side is still totally UK based. 

All I was looking to do was have the phone number removed so I could login to my account. I was sure I read that there was supposed to be the option of having confirmation codes sent via email instead of by phone.

Even if I wanted to change the number attached to my account to another UK number it isn't something I'd be able to do without logging into my account (which is impossible to do without the confirmation code they sent to my phone).

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chiber1 

Wrong, Paypal is ''country specific'' and they advise you NOT to try and use it in another country or you may find their security will kick in automatically and limit your account until you can prove it is you via your Paypal registered phone number that has to be linked to that account ie a UK one.

Even then if you continue using it internationally you will find it won't work properly for you as all the information on that account would be incorrect for the country you are in and you CANNOT add an international address or phone number for a country specific paypal account.

Read the link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/can-i-change-my-paypal-address-to-another-country-faq143...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.