Unable to close account - No response when sending email

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Guess I'll start complaining here about the absolute crap support PayPal offers ... euhm does not offer. I want to close my account, but have 1 euro something left in the account. I am not going to add a bank account again, so I've asked them close and keep the funds; no response since 31-Jan-2019.

I've also asked to remove my details from any PayPal system under the GDPR regulation; no response since 31-Jan-2019.

So anyone from PayPal reading this: Close my account NOW and delete all my information NOW: WMDB79WTKC72A

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

You can't close an account with a positive or negative balance.

'Send' the funds to someone if you can't withdraw them BUT if you can't send such a low amount then you could try buying a low cost item and seeing if paypal will 'use' the funds in your balance first + a linked card (make sure that they will use it from your balance before you click submit to pay).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Everyone I know is turning its back to PayPal so there's no one to send those funds to. If you provide your details, I'll transfer to you. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

no ta.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.