Unable to add a bank account/update a profile name

ErinCOGOP
Contributor
Contributor

I have been attempting to resolve this problem for 2+ weeks now, through 8 different chat support agents, and countless hours/days wasted. Long story short, I am the new treasurer at the church, the old treasurer's name is on the account, I attempted to do a profile name change on the business account 2+ weeks ago, name change still not done, and the new bank account # can't be added because according to various chat reps it is "being blocked for security reasons".

I am at my wits end on this one. I'm logged on to the chat message system under the church account. I have access to the phone and church e-mail associated with the account. But the chat support agents either say they can't help because my name doesn't match the account name (even though I'm logged in) and they won't give me an update on the name change status that has been 10+ business days waiting. I've been given phone numbers to call stating that the bank info has to be changed over the phone due to the error but both phone numbers provided are only for the automated response robot followed by a message saying the call centers are closed. I'm been promised callbacks one 4 days ago and one this morning with zero response. We have active donations we are trying to transfer to the bank and I can't add the bank account because it gives an error stating "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later." I am an authorized user on the checking account and the former treasurer no longer is.

I was easily able to set stuff up with Venmo (whose parent company is Paypal) with absolutely zero issues. I know the COVID-19 has shaken things up but to say that the customer support has been poor is a dramatic understatement at this point and I've wasted countless hours/days trying to monitor the chat that representatives will cutoff after 5 minutes when you've been waiting 6 hours for a response and then you have to wait again.  Am I simply at the mercy of waiting until the phone lines are open again or do I simply say forgot Paypal? Is there a number I can call to get this resolved? Any thoughts or assistance in fixing this would be highly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.