Online Community Funding

Hekkland
New Community Member

Hello, I assist with the running of an online community sizing around 30-40 people, and as a group we're looking into setting up donations. To further clarify, there are no member fees or anything along those lines, donation would be entirely voluntary and as things stand everything is paid for out of pocket. From what I've seen, some people say that to do this I'd require a business account. Firstly, is this true, and if so can a business account still make payments and receive donations? Secondly, if I don't need a business account, is there a way to receive donations that are ring fenced from other money in my paypal account? Since people would have to know the money is heading into a personal account, I'd like the donations to be separate so I can't accidentally spend it, and if possible I'd also like some way to prove to people that the money is going towards the community and that I'm not using it for personal gain. If anybody has any information that would be great.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.