New inactivity fee

Sue1795
Contributor
Contributor
So I recieved a letter stating that I will be charged £9 for having an inactive account. Called paypal and they will only authenticate the account based on the 2 method authentication process using the full email address and phone number. When asked how old this account "its from 18 years ago" I dont even now this email address, ***@vir so I called my internet provider and have never used any virgin email address other than 2 showing on there system (1 inactive and 1 active, which I'm aware of) when I quiz virgin media further they have no other records on their system. So how does paypal state an email address that I've never had? An account which I can only access via a 2 tier authentication method based on an email I've never had with the provider never and a mobile or landline number from 18 years ago?? No other authentication method is achievable... meanwhile they are charging £9 that I cant even pay or close down the account of which I've never opened in the first place. I suggest everyone with this same issue And there are A LOT OF THEM log an issue with the paypal complaints team and then after 5 business days log this with the financial ombusdman for investigation. The other option is this is to send an email to spoof@paypal.co.uk
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.