Member 2000! In Colombia with no access. Can't add local Colombian phone# no Resolution Center.

windboater
Contributor
Contributor

Arrived in Colombia in July. left my US phone home as roaming charges make it worthless in Colombia. Picked up a local sim and number but can't figure out how to get the PP system to send the access codes to it, rather than the US phone. Had no problem with google and other two step systems but PP apparently doesn't have a workaround for international travelers like they do. Like other users here, applying for a colombian PP account has its own issues for people with US Credit cards, and US mailing addresses. any ideas?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@windboater 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

windboater
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your reply. In the last 3 years I have visited 6 countries but my residence has never changed (Miami,Fla. USA). I read the reply for another PP user with the same issue in Asia. He detailed the issues getting local bank accounts and credit cards attached to local banking establishments. It's worse in Colombia. No one but tax residence can get a cedula (local ID card) a cedula is required to get a Colombian Bank account. So without realizing it PP policy  leave their travelling customers out in the cold.  Thanks so much again for taking the time to reply. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.