Lost old Paypal account

Phillipng
New Community Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask how could I get my old Paypal account that I lost for a couple years? So here is my story: When I first created my first Ebay account, I also created an Paypal account, and then I created another account and another Paypal account, and since then I've been using the new one to purchase items on Ebay and I totally forgot the old one. Now I list an item, someone has paid for it already, but I have not received the money and I contacted Ebay and the agent said that the seller already paid but there is an unclaimed money on that old account, so I try to contact Paypal but I have been waiting for couple hours and it feels like I'm sitting on fire because this is my first time to sell something on Ebay.

If someone could give me any suggestion for what should I have to do, I will really appreciate it. Thank you everyone!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Phillipng 

Your email address identifies the paypal account you want the payment to go to so........

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Then when you next list an item for sale CHANGE the email address in the payment box to the email address / paypal account you do want paying to.

If its the old one then i suggest you access that old account and claim it, if you can't access it then post back for more advice.

Also you are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if 1 is personal and the other 1 is business, if paypal find you have more than 1 of each type you risk them all being limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.