Linked Bank Accounts, Pay Pal balance

Bit75
Contributor
Contributor

Spent hours in chat today simply trying to transfer money from my bank account (which has been linked to PayPal for over a decade) into my PayPal account in order to resolve a negative balance. An eBay sale was cancelled and I attempted to refund the buyer, but PayPal wasn't having it. Whenever I click the "Add Money" button, it just takes me to my Wallet and shows me my linked cards/accounts. There is no option to add money to PayPal from my bank, yet I transfer money to/from my bank via PayPal regularly. All of the instructions that customer service gave me made reference to links and options that simply don't exist on the website. I see mention of "PayPal Cash" accounts as a form of upgraded personal account, but the notes say anyone with a bank-linked account was automatically deemed as a "PayPal Cash" account. All that being said, I want to make two points:

1.  In the year 2020, it should not be this difficult to get $30 transferred into an account that is already linked to a person's bank account. The PayPal website is garbage, with links that go nowhere and options that exist only in their imagination. It was mentioned that I could fund my account via the PayPal app, but the app points the user back to the website, so it's garbage too. Great job.
  2. Even the worst, most poorly designed AI chatbot would have been better than the poorly trained automatons that I had the misfortune of dealing with in the Help Chat today. Over 2 hours and nothing was resolved. They just say the same thing over in over with circular logic and hope you'll go away...and it works. 
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bit75 

Not sure why you can't BUT the easiest and quickest option is to get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bit75
Contributor
Contributor

Although PayPal has debited my account for the refund, the eBay buyer has not received it. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be charged twice at this point by PayPal. I attempted to chat in to PayPal about it again this morning, but after 45 minutes of "waiting" I gave up. 

It goes without saying that I'll be cancelling my PayPal account. I have no confidence in them to handle money on my behalf after this debacle. I'll also be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bit75 

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alexNekouzad
Contributor
Contributor

hello. my account was permanently limited last september and over 180 days has elapsed but paypal has not send me an email on how to withdraw funds from this account. i have tried to contact them but never recieve a response, any help appreciated. @kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.