Legal name change rejected

JustJuni
Contributor
Contributor
I am Transgender and have changed my name legally. Besides the fact that the Paypal system does not have an option to change your name if you are Transgender, I was able to submit my name change under another category. Despite providing proof of my change of name from my old legal name to my new legal name, the Paypal system seems to think I am trying to change my account name to that of a different person. What gives? I gave them my new birth certificate with my old name and new name on it?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JustJuni
Contributor
Contributor
Update: Escalated by Paypal support, now I need to wait another 3 days probably. At least they seem positive about accepting the name change, but why they can't just do it now is weird. Also I have now submitted my new proof of identity to Paypal four times.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

JustJuni
Contributor
Contributor
I am also disabled, so if I don't get an adequate solution, my next step is to contact my Advocate, who is an OAM. I am over this illegal anti-transgender stuff.
Login to Me Too
Solved

JustJuni
Contributor
Contributor
Update: Escalated by Paypal support, now I need to wait another 3 days probably. At least they seem positive about accepting the name change, but why they can't just do it now is weird. Also I have now submitted my new proof of identity to Paypal four times.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JustJuni 

Guess paypals systems have not caught up with transgender folk yet.

Your best bet is to contact customer services and explain you are the same person and have the right to change your name to your new legal name.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JustJuni
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, I haven't tried phone yet. My disability makes talking on the phone difficult, but not impossible.
Login to Me Too

JustJuni
Contributor
Contributor
After waiting a few days the change was finally accepted. I don't know why it took so long, but I could blame Elon's Legacy.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.