I need to change my name

AAAlistair
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I’d like to change my name. The name that’s on my paypal account isn’t the one I use normally. Unfortunately I cannot legally change my name at the moment. Can I change my name on my paypal account without need for legal documents. It’s quite upsetting seeing my old name plastered all over the home page.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi AAAlistair,

I understand how upsetting it can be to have the wrong name on your PayPal account, and I apologize for the frustration this may have caused. In order to change a name on a PayPal account, we would require legal documentation showing that your name has been legally changed. This would be the only way to have the name updated. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, however this is to ensure that accounts remain in the control of the account holder and that everything remains secure.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi AAAlistair,

I understand how upsetting it can be to have the wrong name on your PayPal account, and I apologize for the frustration this may have caused. In order to change a name on a PayPal account, we would require legal documentation showing that your name has been legally changed. This would be the only way to have the name updated. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, however this is to ensure that accounts remain in the control of the account holder and that everything remains secure.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

AAAlistair
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thank you for responding.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.