False phone numbers, Incorrect SSN

mikarod
New Community Member

In the past 2 months, I have had to change my password 4 times. I have started getting responses from people telling me that my "Money Received" name has been changed to someone else, even though my account name says my actual name.

Phone numbers have been added to my account that I have no clue who they are and my own phone numbers have been deleted. My account was changed from "Personal" to "Business" and placed on hold.

I contacted Paypal and they were able to change it back to "Personal" but now there is a SSN# on my account that is NOT my SSN#. Paypal is being less than response and I'm worried someone is trying to hack my account or that somehow my account has been merged with some random persons.

Should I just shut down my account that I've had for over 6 years?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Kebmo
New Community Member

Have the same problem.  Realized last night that our account was hacked.  There was a  business info added out of Virginia Beach, VA.  

So frustrating!!

Login to Me Too

mikarod
New Community Member

It really is! And PayPal acts like it's not a big deal but that means someone had to submit paperwork for the SSN# to be added to the account. I don't want their info and I'm sure they don't want it shared.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.