Do not use paypal

New Community Member
I have been trying for 2 days to close my account. I have called multiple different numbers associated with paypal. I can not speak with anyone. I have tried the help center no luck there. I can not use the automated system because for some reason it can not verify my account even though it can verify my phone number associated with the account. Every time I try to login I have to login in 5 different times because for some reason I can not login without verifying my account. They send me a text message to verify and I get it everytime but when I go to type the code in it says error or wrong code. After 5 tries it usually works and signs me. If I am the one responsible for my account being this way I completely understand. I just wish I could talk to someone to get the problem fixed but now I am so disgusted with paypal customer service I just want to close my account . I understand that we are in a national pandemic but NO OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS that I have dealt with has the problems that PayPal has. I understand having to wait longer for because of extended wait time but 2 days for a call back? An email? A text? Not being able to talk or contact anyone about accounts is disgusting. So now PayPal has my personal information, and I can not do anything about it. My information is at stake because of paypal. I will never use paypal again and I will not recommend it to anyone.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.