Delete my PayPal Account

monkeyman2
Contributor
Contributor

This morning I tried multiple times to delete my PayPal account which is ten years old. I have become dismayed with their policies.

When I tried to delete numerous information such as my social security number, bank credit cards, Federal Credit Union credit cards, my address, phone number and email address it would not allow me to do any of that. I then chose to just delete the account and be done with PayPal but it would not allow me to even do that saying I have a subscription or a monthly debit which I do NOT. It told me, the screen prompts, to go to Settings and go to another area which I did not write down and see what it was. There was nothing there. I do not have any type of monthly recurring debt with anyone especially on PayPal consequently I could not even delete my account.

I do not know who to even go to at this point. PayPal does not give a phone number to call to resolve issues like this. If you have a dispute with a buyer or seller then they get involved and will call you so I placed this topic on this community forum.

Can anyone give me information to delete my account and be done with PayPal?

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

monkeyman2
Contributor
Contributor

Looking at MANY persons like myself asking questions of issues with PayPal and NOT RECEIVING ANY REPLIES is a testament to PayPal's NON SERVICE to their existing customers. Perhaps this should be looked into by the Federal Department of Justice. People have legitimate complaints and concerns.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@monkeyman2 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.