Account Closed for inactivity reason - How can I recover the money that was in the account

DMatton
New Community Member

Hi,

I just received an email for My other PayPal account that contained quite a bit of money. It says that they closed the account because I did not use the account after they sent me a notice 2 months ago. However, a search through my emails clearly doesn't show any such mail from 2 monthe ago. The last mail I got was on February 4th but only said that it was my regular monthly account update. No mention of otentially closing the account in that mail. To make sure the latest mail was no hoax I tried to log in my account, but indeed, the account doesn't exist for PayPal anymore!! I would like to rcover the account (people make payments to it) or at the very least recover the money that was on the account. However, given that I cannot even log in the account anymore, I had to use this one here to even post this question. I can also not find any number or chat for contacting customer service directly from my European account here). PLease help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DMatton
New Community Member

Quick Update. I just discovered an email that was sent to this still active paypal account at the exact same time as the other one received the message that the account was closed!!! It says : 

A money request was canceled
"ACCOUNT NAME NUMBER 1 " canceled the following money request:
Money request details
Amount: €1,00 EUR

Date: 21 Feb 2019

This is getting stranger by the minute. Again, it was sent the exact same minute as the other one. Both came from the real paypal service email that I am apparently not allowed to type in this message board. The "account name number 1" is what I wrote over the existing emailaddress for confidentiality reasons. No attempts to move out any money from either paypal account was made by me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DMatton 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.