Accidentally made a Business Account & Now PayPal is asking for documents I don't have.

Goldenglow

I turned 18 last year, I got excited and made a PayPal account in September 2019~. I had a dollar sent to me to test it out way back when, and never used the account since. Turns out I accidentally made a BUSINESS account.

I am now trying to use PayPal but I can't.

They are asking for documentation of my 'business', but I don't have one.

I tried to close the account, won't let me until I get rid of the balance... It is literally $0.67 that has been sitting there. I was trying to send it to a friend but I cannot even access those 65 cents without confirming my 'business' that I don't have.

I tried refunding the dollar, didn't work either since all these events happened in September 2019.

Is there any way I can change this account to a personal one? I heard that you are unable to downgrade your account unless you get rid of limitations. But I can't get rid of the limitation, I don't have a business!

Does anybody know if PayPal staff would understand and just let me downgrade anyway? For crying out loud, it is only $0.67.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.