logo not working

mjv
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to upload a business logo for my invoices - I have the correct size, format, etc., and it appears to be uploaded successfully, but does not show up. I get the missing image icon every time. Help!

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

david-collins
Contributor
Contributor

Today is 8.2.11. Since Feb I have been reading about logo upload for invoices not working. I just got off the phone with Tim in technical support (after talking to half of Bangladesh and being bounced around for 20 minutes) and he gave me the most honest answer I've ever gotten from technical support anywhere. Basically, yes, they know it;s not working, and they don't know why, and he's not sure how many people the have working on it or how high a priority it is, but they are aware of it.

I pointed out that it's been >6 months. Not impressed. They're working on it. Or not. Either way, no logo on invoice.

Is there anything else I can help you not resolve tonight sir?

Login to Me Too

schilly
Contributor
Contributor

I originally had this problem and had been in touch with technical support several times regarding this. I also tried everything suggested in this thread and was generally pulling my hair out!  I eventually had some success.

PayPal created a new ticket with

PayPal Merchant Technical Support  (MTS) 

This was different from my original route. They asked me to send the logo(s) to reproduce the error.

Here is their response:

I added both logos to invoices (choosing to save them for future use) and sent invoices to email addresses on a PayPal account and one not associated with PayPal. The logo appeared on both trials (screen shots included).

If the issue is adding the logo I suggest using IE or FireFox and having the latest version of Java installed (www.java.com) I suggest clearing cache and cookies before adding it..

The latter worked before I even updated Java. A simple solution for me after a lot of headaches.

Please try and if this doesn't work go back and question via MTS if you haven't done so already.

Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

Translation: We know it doesn't work. We don't care. You will use us and pay us anyway.

Do not reward that arrogance. They will remember that the person with the money has the power. Let's take ours elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi everyone,

I can see the invoice logo feature is definitely an area we all want to see improved.

We have been getting reports of two issues: one is latency, where the logo gets updated after some (undefined) time, second is where the upload fails altogether. They seem to stem from separate root causes.

Our engineers are already working on fixing these issues and we are aware of the overall impact. The reason it's not being fixed on the spot is rather rigid release schedule and certain code elements can be rolled out only in specific releases.

I want to assure you we are listening to your feedback and working on raising the priority of this issue, however I cannot reveal a fix timeframe we are currently aiming at as it may change.

Having said that, I feel it's important to highlight that MTS won't be able to assist much with account issues - we deal with website integration troubleshooting and account mechanisms are a bit outside our yard. In some cases we may try to help out anyway by figuring out the solution together with the you, but the right way to address most account interface issues is to report them to Customer Service, so they can track the particular account as impacted.

I hope to bring you good news sooner than later.

Regards,

Michael

MTS

Login to Me Too

mbgrafix
New Community Member

What a load of crap!!! Engineers are working on it!?!? ...since FEBRUARY!?!?

I spoke with "tech support" (more like tech-no-support) yesterday, and then again today. Each technician told me different and even contradictory information. The best part was when they told me that they will tell the support team (I thought I was already talking to the "support team"!) and have them look into the issue. So I asked the tech how long I should wait for a resolution or response from them, and he said,

"I don't know a specific time"

to which I replied,

"I am only asking what a reasonable time for me to wait should be",

and he said,

"I don't know... a week?... a month? ...I don't know."

So I asked him if he could ask these engineers/techs/whatever-they-are and that is when he told me the very best part... he said,

"we have no way of contacting them or talking with them. There is no muber to reach them at or anything like that".

At this point I was beyond complete frustration. They will need to invent a word for how I am now feeling. It was sort of like that scene from the Wizard of Oz where the stange little man with the mustache and big hat sticks his head out of the small window in the door and tells Dorothy and company to go away, nobody sees the Wizard... ever! Except in my case, the technician did not give into my sob story and bring me to the wizard anyway.

If I treated my clients the way PayPal is treating their clients...me... I would be out of business!! How come they can do it and do it without even a hint of giving a hoot about how it affects me. Their attitude is

"yeah, whatever dude. I don't care and there is nothing you can do about it because we are holding all of the cards."

Are they part of the same company as Netflix, or is it just that all large IT companies feel just fine sticking it to their clients

Bottom line...

I have been with PayPal since they first began and this is TOTAL, UNPROFESSIONAL, ARROGANT CRAP!!!!!!

Wake Up PayPal and please listen to your clients! You can start by being honest with us and only tell us to do stuff if you actually know what you are talking about! 

Yes, I realize that my rant accomplished nothing and that PayPal will ignore it as usual, but at least I was able to vent a bit. BUYER BEWARE!

Login to Me Too

david-collins
Contributor
Contributor

Michael,

We all have to say that this is crap. 2nd level support basically told me that a) paypal had no idea what the problem was, and that b) there was no timeline because it wasn't a priority problem. It would be simpler to simply nuke that whole routine and rewrite it. If you can't fix something like this in 9 months, you're not working on it. Many of us have corporate IT backgrounds and we know how this works; if you wanted it fixed in that period of time it would be.

Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Last week we have rolled out new version of code, which contained fixes for the invoice logo issues. So far we haven't received any contacts on the issue since, so we suspect the fix was successful. Our tests are also confirming the feature to be working correctly.

I would like to thank all those that showed such remarkable patience and apologize it took so long to resolve. Please let us know (update the thread or contact Customer Service) should it reoccur.

Regards,

Michael

Login to Me Too

LosAngeles
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I am very happy to say that I got this **bleep** thing to work!! Okay, here is what I did.

I did resize using their specification of 200wide. Photoshop automatically reduced the length to 63. Whatev. I don't loaded it and, low and behold, that freakin' box with the x.

HOWEVER, here is what I did and let me know if this works for you, I FILLED IN THE INVOICE ANYWAY and SAVED IT AS A TEMPLATE!! There is a prompt that asks you 'Do you want to save this as a template'? I clicked 'Yes' and named it.

Okay, THE **bleep** X was still there so, I JUST REMOVED IT, DOWNLOADED AGAIN, AND VOILA!! IT SHOWED UP!!

THEN, I MADE SURE TO SAVE IT AS THE SAME TEMPLATE. SAME NAME. JUST RESAVED IT!! **bleep** THING WAS STILL THERE!

I hope this works for you!! I was frustrated to and just decided 'Eh, let me see what happens'. And, it worked.

Maybe their program doesn't allow the picture to be shown UNTIL YOU SAVE IT AS A UNIQUE, PERSONALIZED, TEMPLATE.

HOWEVER, PAYPAL ---- WOULDN'T IT BE NICE TO TELL US THAT!!!

Peace All,

Los Angeles

Login to Me Too

david-collins
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, not for me.

I followed the above steps carefully, twice, and still no logo.

Login to Me Too

lakegeorge
New Community Member

Here it is December and Logo still not working................Still waiting.........Gosh if my clients had to wait that long for services I would not have any.......hmmmmmm

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.