difaculty setting up specific shipping rate for a bulk order

nnllc
Contributor
Contributor

A customer wishes to purchase a large amount of our product, 50 bars of soap.

To send in in bulk by flat rate is $30.00. Most of our product is set up for smaller individual sales so shipping is set to be calculate by a % of order cost. Usually its right on it. But for a bulk order its way off.

So for this order I made a specialty page with just his order available on it and set the add to cart button for a specified amount on shipping of $30.00.  However it keeps coming up with a $147.00 shipping charge.

No matter what I've done is the same.

Totally deleted the page, the button, everything and totally redid the page and pp add to cart button, everything.

Set specific shipping charge to $30.00, still comes up with the $147.00 charge.

How am I to fix this so it works right? It should only charge the specified amount of $30.00 shipping .

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Are you using the "shipping" override variables on your  special web page?  If setup correctly, the shipping override variables will override your Account Profile Shipping Calculations.   Make sure that you have the shipping override feature enabled within your Account Profile.   Check out the Tips and Examples here.

Another option would be to use the Invoice Tool from within your Account Profile.  It would much simpler than a special web page assuming you already know what the customer is going to purchase.    Note, you will still need the shipping override feature enabled within your Account Profile.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

nnllc
Contributor
Contributor

can not locate shipping override feature.

when i sign in there is no edit profile next to name.

if i go through Profile Summary/shipping calculations there is no over ride feature there either.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

What type of Account do your have?   If Personal, you need to upgrade to either a Premier or Business.

If you have Premier or Business Account then the following applies:

How to check to see if you have the shipping override enabled.

Note, you have to have at least one shipping method setup for the shipping override variables to be recognized.   If you don't have at least one shipping method setup, you must set one up first.

* Next to your name, select Edit Profile.
* Under Selling Preferences, select Shipping Calculations.
* Under Domestic Shipping Methods, check the Shipping Method Box
* Click on View
* On the next page, look for "Override Shipping Methods Per Transaction".   It should be "ON"
* If not, you need to Edit your settings.
* Look for "Use the shipping fee in the transaction instead of my calculator's settings:"
* Select "Yes"
* Save changes

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

nnllc
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Business account.

and there is no edit profile button next to my name.

and as far as i can tell I do have at least one shipping method setup.

but run me through checking that to make sure i did it right anyway.

the rest of the shipping on the site works on its % base just fine.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Click on the Profile link.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

nnllc
Contributor
Contributor

i appreciate all your help, realy i do

however, been there done that and no

went through that profile link, went into shipping calculations, there is no over ride button any where to be found

getting veary tired and a headach, been at this almost all day to figure out to no avail.

now im worried that all this messing around may have messed other things up.

i know there is suppossed to be away to check out all the links an stuff like a false customer, think it was called the sand box or something? where i could actually go all the way through a false check out an test it?

this is veary frustrating to figure out when seems nothing is matching up.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Pehaps you should get some one-on-one assistance.  Suggest seeking the assistance of a Developer as these folks do this type of work for a living.  You can find a list of Developers here.  

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.